It’s time to dust off the bike, check out the bus times, and get walking, as from 16th to 22nd September its European Mobility Week.
European Mobility Week is an annual campaign to encourage people to use alternatives to the car. The week usually culminates with an In Town Without My Car event, where participating towns and cities set aside areas just for pedestrians, cyclists, and public transport for the day.
The good news is that you are already travelling sustainably by using our train service – so a big pat on the back for you. But there are all sorts of ways that you can get around every day without using your car – the bike, bus, even your own two feet.
- Monday – Official opening of the Dame Alice Street Contraflow Cycle Lane
- Tuesday – Commuter Challenge
- Wednesday – Market Stall in Bedford Town Centre – we will be there, so come and see us!
- Thursday – Relaunch of the Bike Pool
- Saturday – Cycle Cinema, where the pedal power of the audience will play Belleville Rendez-vous by Sylvain Chomet. Meet at Castle Bailey Gardens, outside The Lane.
As its European Mobility Week, why not try out a different way of getting to the station every day? Bikes can be taken on all our services, buses run to many of our stations, and there are opportunities to car share too. So give them a try!