We are the Friends of Millbrook Station, and we are online!
We were, in fact, the very first station adoption group on the Marston Vale Line. We have adopted the station because we feel its one of the best on the line. It is a station in a great location, and the beautiful station house (owned by one of our group) is a great compliment to the station.
Over the years we have been very busy. The stuff we have done includes:
- Flower pots and planters on the platforms;
- The classic British Railways signs on the platforms;
- Putting up bunting and decorating the station whenever the Forest Centre has a special event on;
- Running our own special events in Marston Moretaine;
- Getting London Midland to put up a brand new shelter on the Bletchley platform (that took years);
- Getting Central Bedfordshire Council to put up some signage between the station and nearby villages.
We have loads more planned on the horizon, and we hope to keep this site updated as we go. If you want to join our group, fill in the below contact form, and we’ll get back to you!
[contact-form subject=”Request for information on Friends of Millbrook Station” to=”email@example.com”] [contact-field label=”Name” type=”name” required=”true” /] [contact-field label=”Email” type=”email” required=”true” /] [contact-field label=”Comment” type=”textarea” required=”true” /] [/contact-form]